Replacement Spiral Coil or Build Your Own Planner
$4.00 – $12.00
Now you can bind your notebooks, planners, or scrapbooks with these spiral coils. You can also replace your current coil on your planner to upgrade the size or change the color. These spines are compatible with binding machines or planners that use the 4:1 pitch. These metal spiral coils are stronger and more durable for heavy-duty use than plastic. Our replacement spiral coils are cut to a 12″ length to fit most size books you can make at home.
If purchasing a coil to create a custom planner, please jump to the double line below for details.
The Hot Pink, Platinum, Purple, Rose Gold, and Teal spiral coils are .080 gauge rod thickness made from aluminum. The shiny Black spiral coils are nylon-coated steel with a .080 (2″), .062 (1.5″), .080 (1″), and .055 (5/8″) gauge rod thickness.
- 5/8″ diameter will hold 125 sheets (20# Bond)
- 1″ diameter will hold 220 sheets (20# Bond)
- 1 1/2″ diameter will hold 330 sheets (20# Bond)
- 2″ diameter will hold 440 sheets (20# Bond)
Looking to replace the coil on your favorite planner? It’s best if you get the same size coil or larger. Do not use a smaller diameter coil unless you break the pages into multiple planners.
If you have questions regarding this listing, please get in touch with us BEFORE purchasing. We want to make sure you order exactly what you need. The colors may chip at the bend point when you crimp the coil. Please be aware of this ahead of time, as this is not a defect. It is the nature of the material.
Looking to build a customized spiral planner with this coil? There are only 3 steps after deciding which size you want.
- CHOOSE YOUR COIL! Looks like you are in the right place. This listing is where you will choose your coil color and diameter. We recommend starting here as the coil size seems most important to our customers. Some like getting the biggest coil we have, while others loathe anything larger than an inch. See the chart below (larger version in picture section) for diameter/page counts. Do not go by the coil size/sheet counts directly above. That is general information that the manufacturers use when determining page count. Our paper is thicker than a 20# bond. Therefore, fewer sheets can be used.
- ADD YOUR INSERTS! This is the fun part. Start adding which inserts and/or calendars you want to the cart. Ensure all inserts are the same size and a spiral punch is chosen as your binding. Only add as many as your coil will hold.
- LASTLY, GRAB AN INTERCHANGEABLE COVER! No spiral planner would be complete without a beautiful personalized covering. Select the same size for your cover as you chose for page size, along with spiral binding. Complete any personalization if it’s available on the design.
Click the bullet point titles above to be taken directly to the categories to assemble your planner.
There are no reviews yet.